Monday, April 5, 2010

The Big Day!

Jenessa & Bradford


Venue: The Salt Lake Hardware Building
They chose the hardware building because of its character. It had exposed brick, rustic beams, and tons of charm!
Monogram Door Vinyl
Sign-In Table
The Centerpieces
My sister Julie owns "array" floral, so we used her for all the floral arrangements. The centerpieces were all types of white and green flowers placed on black plant stands of different heights. Each centerpiece showcased a different white flower. There were lillies, hydrangea, tulips, and calalillies - they were gorgeous!
The Lounge
Jenessa didn't want your traditional wedding reception where you had to stand to watch the video. So, we created a swanky lounge where people could "hang out"!
The Jenessa & Bradford Table
We wanted this table to look like a table that might be in their house - a little less formal than the rest of the reception. So, we brought in lamps, and various black and white frames. We even have a picture of them from middle school! I filled an apothecary jar with letters he sent to her from her mission. I also made them a "family tree" to symbolize the joining of their families. This was the centerpiece for the table.
The Backdrop
Since the venue was so cool, we needed to amp up the backdrop. We bought tons of chinese lanterns of different sized, and hung them overlapping from floor to ceiling. To save on cost, we decided to shine uplights from the bottom instead of lighting each lantern. It was a cool focal point that was noticed the minute you walked in the doors.
The Dessert Table
We used 2 serpentine tables to make a unique "S" shape with the tables. We bought 12 different buffet cakes from Granite bakery. They were set on all different black plant stands that tied in with the centerpieces. We printed out all the flavors and framed them in black and silver "mini" frames. They also had monogrammed sugar cookies, and a cheesecake bar with 4 different toppings. Delicious :)
The Cake
The cake was simple white with green and black satin bands, topped with white hydrangea. The cake sat between two brick arches, so I though the mirror would add a little glamour to the brick wall, and create a nice reflection of the amazing cake, and shimmery candles.
The "Bar"
This was an LDS wedding, so we had a pop bar in the band area, so people could just drink soda, dance, and just PARTAY! They got their home teacher to tend the bar, and put out a "tip jar" for people to write marriage tips for the new couple. They also had a life-size cut out of Jenessa's step brother (who's on a mission) to greet their guests.
The Candy Table
The candy table was surrounded by candelabras that gave the table a cool glow. We filled different apothecary jars with green, white and black candies. Since we didn't want people to have to take off the lids, we filled round vases with the same candy, and added cute labels and tongs. We had damask bags, and monogrammed sticker for them to fill, and take home (or just finish it up right there if you were ME!)
The Photo Booth
Ya, just cuz I was "on the job" didn't mean I couldn't take a little time-out to enjoy the party myself. Frank and the kids came later in the night, and we had some major fun in the photo booth....
The photo booth printed out two sets of pictures. One for you to take home, and the other to add to Jenessa and Bradfords "album". We had a bunch of scrabook paper, and some pens, and tape that we put in hanging lanterns. This was a BIG hit!
It was A LOT of work to plan a wedding, but A LOT of fun.
Congratulations Jenessa and Bradford!

9 comments:

dluntfamily said...

I personally think your bartender was the hottest part of this gig...

Jodi said...

You did an amazing job! Wow! You have such an eye for detail that makes all of the difference! I can't wait to see where all of this talent takes you. It sure turned out pretty fabulous!

amanda said...

This is certainly beyond a talent for you!!!! What an amazing gift that you are able to give to so many!!!

Robyn said...

Suzanne! Thanks for sharing! I'm so sorry I missed it but it is just as gorgeous as I was told! You are incredible! You have such an eye! Can't wait to see the finished kitchen project as well!

Lindsay said...

It looks AWESOME!!!! You have major skills, I had fun helping you out a lil :)

Julie said...

Wow. I think YOU even outdid yourself on this one--if that's possible. You are always A.M.A.Z.I.N.G., but this was over-the-top cool!! I love every detail. SO SAD I couldn't come!! Don't move too far away that you can't help me with Em and Lauren's weddings!

Rosanne said...

So where were you when I was planning Lizzie's wedding??? This is awesome! I may need to hire you to help me revamp the school library that I will be working at this fall. Are you in?

Rosanne said...

BTW, have you finished remodeling your kitchen yet? I am dieing to see the finished product.

Callie said...

I would just really like to work for you when i graduate! let me know what ya think!! miss you!